Friday, April 6, 2012

{Off To Grandmother's House We Go}

Today, Good Friday, I took the boys to go see my grandmother in Victoria and celebrate Easter with her.  My sister, David and Molly were there as well as my parents.  It was a quick trip -- the two hours for the trip up there and then back and maybe four hours total visiting.  It was a milestone for me -- my first road trip with the two boys alone.  I got an overdose of Thomas the Train in the car -- seriously, I think I have reached my limit with that darn show.  Luke loves it but I could seriously have some crazy words with the writers of that darn show.  But I had a good reason to suffer through that many hours of Thomas, Toby and Percy...it was my grandmother's first time to meet her 3rd great-grandchild, Ben.


Chat was working so he couldn't make it, but luckily I had my dad and Uncle "Day-Day" (David) there to help entertain Luke. 


Uncle "Day Day" is a natural with Luke.  They don't see each other but maybe once a week for a few minutes here and there, but Luke loves him.  He is just drawn to him and they have such fun together.  It makes my heart heavy and incredibly grateful -- I am so lucky that I have such people in my life that love my boys as much as I do.  To love your own child is one thing...to love someone else's child is amazing. 


By the way, Luke...not so big on great-grandma.  Luckily, he gave her a kiss and hug before the day was over that I think just made her day.  I am glad he had that moment with her.  She doesn't get much time with the kids (or us for that matter) and I know she craves the love from her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.  It warmed all of our hearts and we all breathed a sigh of relief when Luke finally went to her.  Of course, Molly and Ben were sweet as pie to her which I was incredibly thankful for. 

My grandmother is my only living grandparent left.  This Easter was very special to have her with all of the kiddos.  She means the world to us and I know we are lucky to have this time with her. 
Photobucket

No comments: