Monday, April 9, 2012

{Monday Funday?}

Monday Funday?  Not exactly. Well, at least not at first.  This smiley guy has decided he is going to wake up 5 times a night....

It is getting to be pretty rough and I am just not quite sure how to fix this problem. I can't believe I actually got a worse sleeper than Luke!  When I found out I was pregnant with Ben, I first prayed for a healthy baby and then secondly I prayed for a sleeper since I was so traumatized by Luke's first year of not sleeping.  Hmmmm...clearly God had something else in mind.  Sigh.  I really hope this gets better.   

Even with the lack of sleep, the day got better.  Ben is one happy kiddo and I just can't really have a bad day with him even if he is taken me prisoner in his no-sleep protest.  Once I was up, Chat and I took Ben and went to lunch at a new restaurant (where I chugged enough caffeinated coke to keep a rhino awake) while Luke was at school.  Once we got home, this guy was ready to be picked up...


I had to post this picture.  I have mentioned several times how dirty boys are.  Well at least I can say my boy is!  By the end of the day Luke is just filthy.  Even though our bathtub quickly becomes disguisting, I just love it!  He has so much fun playing outside and getting sweaty and I love watching it. 

I will say Luke has turned the corner in the last week.  For about 3 or 4 weeks, he was a real handful.  He was having meltdown after meltdown and the tantrums were overwhelming for me.  But the past week has marked a bit of change.  Luke is has seemed to mellow a bit and control his emotions much better.  He is back to his old, sweet self with just having a few terrible two moments here and there - which I can handle.  I just hope this lasts! 

Both boys are in bed right now which is my cue to get my tail into bed myself so I can atleast get a couple hours of sleep before Ben starts to wake.  Here's to a restful night!
Photobucket

No comments: