Tuesday, October 23, 2012

{Five Days}

The past five days have been a doozy. The cause?  PREDNISONE.

The miracle, but evil drug that has been helping Ben cough and wheeze less and mend his little lungs.

Unfortunately, it is also the drug that changed my sweet baby boy into an upset, crying, whining mess that didn't sleep for days. I felt so sorry for him. I felt so sorry for the rest of us. It was really rough and I felt myself losing my patience with Ben over and over again.  And the poor boy couldn't even help it.  He was miserable.  And proceeded to make us all miserable with him.   

It was a five day dose and yesterday was our last day. He seems to be getting back to his normal self today as the hours go by, but I think he still needs a bit more time. Man, I had no idea that medication can make someone change so quickly.  I hope we never have to go on it again.  I really can't even explain how much it changed him...and so quickly.

I feel worn out, but hopeful that this week is going to be a healthy one. So far, so good. The boys and I spent some time outside today and I think Ben is starting to feel like himself...


{Big brother Luke sure tried to make Ben laugh}

Both boys are currently napping so I am getting a whole 45 minutes to myself.  Woohoo!  I am doing a little blogging and then need to work a bit.  Oh yeah, did I mention that I am working a few hours a week from home?  All for another post :).  Here's to no more steroids!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Oh I feel your pain. Perron was on steroids one time and I swore I would never do it again. Literally the worse week ever...and my husband was conveniently out of town for it. The amount of constant irrational crying and screaming was almost enough (or maybe it was enough) to push me completely over the edge. They threatened Grayson with it a month or two ago and I literally almost had a panic attack in the pediatrician's office thinking about it.