Sunday, October 14, 2012

{Ben: 10 Months Old}

Another month has passed!  Ben turned 10 months old on Friday.  It seems like his first birthday is just around the corner and his baby days are numbered. 


Ben is still growing like crazy and is still sweet as pie.  He really is my little cuddle-bug and such a smiley boy.  On days where I am losing my patience and struggling with the craziness of motherhood, I just have to look at him and instantly he fixes it all.  That is not to say I still don't have hard days with my two little guys :).

He is working on walking at the moment and I feel he will be there pretty soon.  His favorite thing to do is to crawl after Luke or sit on my hip/lap.  Ben is still huge but I think he is slowing down on the weight gain, but he is very, very tall.  He is babbling lots more and his sleep seems to be headed in the right direction after two weeks of sleep training.  He takes two pretty good naps a day and his longest stretch of awake time is between his last night and bed time.

We still have some fussy days due to those darn teeth (he currently has seven and working on the eighth), but overall Ben is a happy baby.  His happiest time is between bathtime and bedtime.  It is almost like he gets pumped with energy and he just laughs and laughs.  It is my favorite time of day.


Ben is following after Luke and just loves the dogs.  He loves bathtime as well and loves to stand and hold on to the side of the tub or sit and splash.  He and Luke have started to "talk" to each other in the back of the car and it is the sweetest sounds I have ever heard.  He nurses four to five times a day and loves his table food.  He will pretty much eat/try anything I give him and loves his sippy cup of water.  He really only takes a bottle from me now (not really sure the point anymore?!?!?!), so I am super excited to start introducing whole milk from a cup in the next few months and get this boy weaned. 

We are struggling finding him clothes because of his size.  He is so big around his waist, he needs 24 month clothes, but they tend to be bulkier and longer than a crawling baby needs.  So he is put in onesies a lot -- nothing too fancy.  I am hoping when he starts walking and is more upright and starts to slim down, it can open up some more clothing options.

I got his foot measured a few weeks ago and he is a 5 1/2 extra wide.  His foot is huge.  Looks like it is New Balances and Crocs for this boy as well.  Luckily we have all of Luke's old shoes that we can work with.

Ben is starting to really like books.  I am trying really hard to read to him, but I find that goes to the wayside a lot with the busy schedule of two boys.  So that is my big commitment to him this month...to read to him every day, even if it is one book.  

Thats about it for now!  I know 11 months is just right around the corner, so I already need to start jotting down what this month holds.  Love my sweet Benny Boy!

No comments: