Wednesday, August 22, 2012

{Ordinary Days}

It's all about the simple things in life, right?  Lately, life has been pretty simple.  Busy, but simple.  The summer has been filled with time together, many hours at home and trying to keep ourselves busy indoors since it is so stinkin't hot outside.  Here is a glimpse into our ordinary days.

One thing we have found that we can do outside in the evening is take the dogs on a walk.  This is my view.  Well, mine and Ben's view... 


I have Ben in the stroller and Chat has both dogs.  And Luke leads the pack!  Luke has loved his evening walks.  I guess I should say run though since that is what Luke does the minute we hit the pavement.  He keeps it up for the whole 20 or 25 minutes and comes home happy and sweaty, probably two of my favorites on him.  I think all little boys need an outlet to get all that energy out and we finally found one that he loves.  Too bad it makes him smell like a little goat.  Luckily bathtime usually follows.

Ben is making bathtime interesting.  No longer are the days where he sits and enjoys watching everything around him.  Nope!  He likes to stand.  And stand.  And stand some more.  Literally he will stand holding on to the ottoman or some other table for 45+ minutes.  Including in the bath...


He wanted to get that running water so bad.  Anyhoo, the boy only wants to stand in the bath which is making it very tricky.  He is so darn slippery when he is wet, so I always have to keep a hand on him so he doesn't tumble into the water, which...er...might have happened.  This makes bathing both boys at the same time complicated and a workout for this mama. 

We had a rainy Sunday this past weekend, so we had a lot of train time at home.  Luke still loves his trains and pretty much plays with them 95% of the time when he is at home. Thank goodness for those trains... 


Jam sessions have become a normal around here lately.  I am not sure who likes it more - Chat, Ben or the dogs.  I can tell you who doesn't...me.  Whenever I see that darn guitar, I immediately clench my teeth.  That strumming gets sooooooo annoying to me -- ha!  But then I realize how much all my boys love it and how much it occupies them all so I can possibly get a shower or brush my teeth or something even productive around the house.  And then I am at peace with that stinkin' guitar. 


Again, this one loves to stand.  And now he loves to look at himself while standing.  And can you see Luke in the background.  I am sure he was flinging himself on the bed, then proceeded to fling himself off the bed, or into the pillows, or into the headboard.  He finds many fun (and potentially dangerous) things to do with our bed that involves flinging his body.  Boys will be boys.


Summer has been great, but I am soooooo ready for the fall.  I am ready to stop sweating.  I am ready to go back to the park.  I am ready for the holidays.  I just have to be a bit more patient.  All in time :).

1 comment:

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Echo that on fall! It is sooo hard for it to be this hot with kids. I feel bad telling the kids no all the time when they want to go outside. If we can just hold on another month... : )