Monday, August 6, 2012

{Happy Monday}

I am having a bit of writer's block lately and I am not sure why.  Maybe it is due to this guy....


I love this little man more than I can put into words, but it is taking all my strength and energy to deal with his emotions and meltdowns.  We have such good days and have such fun, but they can quickly be shattered because I turn off the tv, or it is time to put his shoes on or, God forbid, I suggest the wrong snack or need to change his diaper.  Who knew that the WORLD COULD END just because I put a bowl of grapes in front of him???  Honestly, I have been managing it okay over the past few weeks and even laughed about it mostly, but I guess I got to the end of my rope over the weekend. It had been building and Saturday was just hard -- more for me than him I guess.  It was just a normal day for him.  He would meltdown and cry over the littlest things and I had zero patients left. What's worse?  Not only was I mad at him, I was disappointed in myself for finally 'losing it' so to speak and I felt like I was failing as his mother. 

So what did we do?  We retreated to my parents house for a change of scenery and a little help from Bea and Grandad.  Chat was working that night and I knew I just needed to change it up or I might have exploded.  Clearly it is what I/we needed because Sunday was much better.  My nerves had relaxed some and I had a better handle on the small situations that come up daily.  We ended snuggling a lot and holding hands (my particular favorite) and 'making up' for the hard past few days.  I guess everyone needs a break once in a while, especially when traveling down the path of the Terrible Two's. 

Oh and then there is this guy!


Teething is in full force with ole Benny Boy.  He is such a sweetie, but lately he has had moments like the above picture.  I feel sooooo sorry for him when I see him like this and when he makes those funny faces that only teething can create.  Luckily, our sweet boy come backs pretty quickly to us and they are just fleeting moments.  I still don't understand why it takes two years of hardship to get these suckers in just for you to lose them all in just a few short years.  Explain that one to me! 

In other news, these two brothers are starting to play a bit more together....




...or maybe Luke is just pushing him more and Ben is finding it very funny:).  Well, until he gets hurt.  We are having more fun together as ben grows and becomes more mobile, but with that has come more issues with sharing.  Luke thinks all toys are for him which leaves Ben with...well, not much.  Luckily Ben is pretty happy-go-lucky so it hasn't caused too many issues, but as soon as he starts crawling faster and can get into more of Luke's things, we are in trouble.  TROUBLE.  Specifically, Ben is eyeing Luke's train table.  Laaaawwwwd, help me.  There is not enough valium in the world that will help me with that battle.

Luckily school is going to be starting in the fall and there will be more time for Ben to explore the house by himself.  Until then, Ben still thinks Luke is the most awesome thing since...hmmm...puffs and Luke, well, Luke tolerates Ben.  The fabulous life of two little boys!

No comments: