Saturday, December 27, 2014

{Christmas 2014}

And just like that Christmas is over! I love Christmas season, but I will be honest, I am one tired Mommy. So as much as I hate to see the season go, I am excited for things to get back to normal around here.
 
When I left off, we still had lots of celebrating to do. First, we had some of my college friends over with their families. Nothing like a little family selfie before all the guests arrived!
 

Luke and Ben and one of the little girls Addison decorated cookies while they were here. Note to self, it is not smart to leave three children unattended with unlimited amounts of sprinkles. I swear we are still picking them up almost a week later!


Here is a group shot (minus two kiddos who had to leave earlier). Clearly they love taking a group picture together!


The next day we then did some cookie decorating over at Sissy's house with cousin Molly! Not sure the face Luke is making here....


Although this only lasted about 20 minutes, it was sure fun!


Wednesday started out with Luke and I helping my mom (his Bea!) make the dressing for Christmas dinner. Luke is such a helper -- give him a job and he is eager to help and finish!



Late Wednesday afternoon we headed to Christmas Eve church. The boys were asked to help hand out books as people entered the sanctuary. They could be shepherds or angels and Luke picked shepherd. Ben chose nothing. Such a shock! :). Although I think Luke is so cute with his little head piece on, I can't help but think he looks more like a ninja than a shepherd.




We all stood at the door and passed out books. Ben eventually got restless, so Luke and Daddy got to finish the job. Luke really enjoyed it!


And then this guy, was a hot mess with me in the pew. I swear one day things will get easier...at least that is what I keep telling myself!


I told him to smile and this is what he gives me....



The service was actually great for kids. Our church does a live nativity with lots of kids and it actually kept the boys attention for a little bit.



We were so happy when church was over though because the boys got challenging about  mid-way through. I am so happy we only have to bring them once a year to church and that Sunday School is available the rest of the year. I am glad we got to bring them, but I seriously needed a stiff drink after making it through!

We went to my sister's for Christmas Eve dinner and enjoyed our annual Mexican meal of tamales. We were at home by about 8:15 and both boys were asleep around 9:00 pm. Santa visited that night and Luke was the first to wake on Christmas morning. He went and peaked in the living room and saw all the gifts then came and woke us up!



Santa was great to the boys and lots of trains were opened. The boys had a ball opening all the gifts and playing with their new toys. It was so fun this year since they really got Santa and how everything works. Luke could read everyone's names on the packages and could pass them out. It was really so fun to see the boys on Christmas morning!






Chat's mom came over around 8:30 am and we had breakfast and Christmas with her. We then headed to my parents to open presents and eat a little lunch before heading home for naps. We then went back to my parents for Christmas dinner. Unfortunately the kiddos were not up to taking anymore pictures...



This is probably the best present that the boys got. My sister got them a karaoke microphone and they have been playing with it non-stop. I keep hearing "Thank You, Thank You Everyone!" over and over throughout the house.


By the end of the night everyone was pretty pooped and we headed home around 7:00 pm. I don't think I have been that tired in a long time.

 
The next day we woke up and celebrated Christmas with Chat's step-dad and family. We have one more celebration on Monday with his dad and step-mom and then we are done. We plan to take down the tree and decorations today and try to get organized. Toys are everywhere and it is time to find spots for everything!
 
It was a wonderful few days for sure. I can't believe next year we will have another little one to celebrate with. It just shows you how much can change in a year. For the last time this year...Merry Christmas!

No comments: