Thursday, January 3, 2013

{NYE}

Since having kids, I don't think we have spent one NYE out on the town.  We typically are at home, at a relative's house or at a friend's house.  This year I was solo since Chat was working nights, so I loaded up the two boys and headed to a pizza and champagne party at the our friend's the King's house.  It was a blast!  The kids played, the parents drank (responsibly :), we all danced and we went home happy and ready to ring in the new year from the comfort of our beds.

{The Moms...love these girls!}
 
{The Bebes}
Yes Ben is sobbing.
 
{Fun!}
 
 
Oh and we had a dancing fool!  Ben actually had a hard night that has turned into a hard few days.  He just isn't himself and I am not sure what is going on with him.  I am guessing teething or maybe his ears?  Don't you hate that battle of should or should I not take him to the doctor because he might or might not have an ear infection?  Ugh.  Anyhoo, he was upset a lot at the party unless he was dancing.  "Thriller" came on and it perked this guy right up!  This was a bit later on in the party, but he will still dancing up a storm...
 
 
We were out till about 9:00 pm and then headed home so I could get Ben to bed.  I am thankful I have friends that are in the same boat as us with small kiddos so we can all still enjoy the night.  The other dads are so quick to help me with the two boys if I get overloaded and that means the world to me.  The families make it easy to be a mom on these crazy nights! 
 
We are getting back to normal around here and looking forward to next week when school and all of our activities start back up.  Tomorrow I am bringing Ben to try out a music class and then we have a birthday party this weekend as well as a dedication at church.  I am hoping we continue to be well so we can attend everything.  Fingers crossed!
 
 

2 comments:

Brittney said...

That pic of all the kiddos is darling! Glad you got to have a fun evening with the ladies and had a great New Year.

Kismet21 said...

I love this. So sad I missed it. Maybe next year!