Tuesday, January 1, 2013

{A New Year}

A new year. 

It seems so overwhelming, but also so insignificant in our daily life.  Little boys don't seem to notice that another number is at the end of the year and so we just continue on.  But at the same time, I know that in many ways, it is a big deal. It signifies that times are moving forward and that our lives are always changing.  This year might be the same in many ways for us -- the same house, the same number of people in our little family, the same schedule for the boys, the same job for Chat, etc.  But there are some changes on the horizon later in 2013 that might not be huge, but will be significant.  I hope that 2013 is a good year.  For me.  For us.  For everyone. 

I am not one to really post or even think really about new year's resolutions.  But I do think it is nice to reflect and possibly plan on what you want differently or the same for that matter for the coming year.

Rather than resolutions, here are a few things I want to focus on:

1.  Organization and decluttering of our tiny house
2.  Continuing to run
3.  Less buying of unecessary things
4.  Try to find some time to learn more about sewing and/or photography
5.  Less TV time for the boys
6.  Pray more

My main goal is to being present when at home with the boys.  I try to do many things at once -- answer that email, doing dishes, trying to talk on the phone -- all the while trying to parent and engage Luke and Ben.  And it just doesn't work.  Sometimes I need to do it.  How else will I get anything done?  But I need to set time to be very present with both Luke and Ben each day. Where they are not competing for my attention.  I think everyone, myself included, will be very happy.

So goodbye 2012.  It was a hard, wonderful, fun year.  I think I got less sleep in 2012 than any other year ever.  So I hope 2013 brings lots of sleep, lots of smiles, maybe a couple of date nights with Chat and, of course, wonderful days with my two little guys. 

Cheers!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Those are some wonderful resolutions! Similar to my own:) It is hard to juggle everything with motherhood..from what I can tell though, you're doing a great job! Look forward to seeing what 2013 brings you and your family. Happy New Year!