Thursday, May 31, 2012

{Staying In}

For the first time in months, the boys and I stayed home for a few days.  On Tuesday, we went to the grocery store and that's it.  On Wednesday, we delivered lunch to a pregnant friend who is on moderate bed rest trying to keep her little girl to stay put for a few more weeks.  This is very unusual for us to not make plans and be busy all day long -- we are usually go, go, go!  But it was nice.  Very nice.  And the boys did pretty well without a lot of things planned.  And I actually stayed sane and had fun just relaxing and playing with the boys at home.  Here is a small list of things that happened or I observed as we stayed in:

1.  Luke went into the pantry Wednesday morning and helped him self to some dog food.  As in put it in his mouth, chewed it up and swallowed it.  Ewwwwww!

2.  The boys are interacting more and more.  The new thing that started this week?  Playing in Ben's crib together.  It actually entertains them for 30+ minutes and I just get to sit there and watch them have fun without lifting a finger.  Glorious!



3.  I think I changed close to 15 diapers yesterday.  It was blow-out after blow-out with some heavy urine soaked diapers as well.  Not sure what was going on with the boys' plumbing!  Our trash men must hate when they pick up our trash.  It has quite the aroma.

4.  The boys are now into accessories.  After a year of trying to get Luke to wear a hat or sunglasses, he finally seems to be enjoying wearing a hat just like daddy!  Of course Ben is so chill, the glasses almost gravitated into air and landed on his face.  They belong there.



5.  We are heading the bay for 5 days with my family on Saturday. Chat will be there for 2 days and then he heads to Boston and New York for work.  I am sooooo happy to have some extra hands while he is away.  So on Tuesday I actually ordered a book to arrive by this weekend so I can bring it with me.  I might actually try to read for the first time in over 2 years.

6.  Luke tried multiple times to sit on Ben yesterday.  Evidence:


7.  Luke has really started to like holding my hand.  Sometimes he just grabs it and he wants to walk around the front yard together -- hand in hand.  We did this a lot on Tuesday as we waited outside for daddy to get home. 

8.  The past two days have been good on the old routine for Ben.  He actually has taken all of his naps in his crib and lasted longer than the 30 to 45 minute mark.  The longest has only been an hour and a half, but I will take it!  He usually wakes up super happy and loves it when he is greeted by his big brother and the dogs.

9.  "Ready, Set, Go!" is Luke's new favorite phrase.  Well, other than "Luke's turn".  Hint...everything is Luke's turn now.  I am almost sorry we taught him that.  The goal was to teach him how to take turns, but instead he thinks he just has to say it and it is always his turn.  Parent lesson #452,858,301.

10.  I think it is time to get back out and about.  Luke was literally bouncing off walls last night.  Hello Thursday!

2 comments:

Happiness Is... said...

I love love love that crib! Do you mind if I ask which one it is? How far apart are your boys? We have #2 on the way which is why I ask!

Bethany Lenhart said...

Hi there! The crib style is Jenny Lind. The brand I got is "Art for Kids" and it is sold a local children boutique stores here in Houston, but they do have a website to find retailers I believe. You can find this style other places too like Babies R Us, but they aren't quite as big and you don't have the paint choices. But you can get the look!

The boys are 21 months apart. It is crazy and sooooo busy, but getting to be so much fun! Congrats on baby #2!