Wednesday, May 2, 2012

{Brotherhood}

I have been surprised at the bond our boys have already made. It has been incredible to watch and incredibly rewarding that make the hard times (see bajillion no-sleep posts) seem less hard. I could watch them forever.  Chat and I just beam at each other when they start 'talking' to each other and look at each other with goofy grins.

Ben completely idolizes Luke.  No one can make him smile like Luke does.  Whenever Luke walks in the room, Ben just lights up and will just belly laugh at anything he does. 

Exhibit A

Do you see that smile on Ben?  It is constant when Luke is around.  He loves Luke and has eyes for him and only him when he is near. 

And it appears that it is not just Ben that loves the brotherhood.

Although not as obviously into his brother as it is with Ben, you can tell Luke digs it.  When Ben was in the hospital for those two weeks, Luke wasn't even two and Ben hadn't been with us for even 7 weeks.  Luke would say "mama, daddy, baby" over and over again to my parents who were keeping him.  He knew that we all belonged together.  Not just "mama" or "daddy".  It was all of us. 

One time I had to bring Luke to the doctor and I left Ben with my mom.  When we left her house, Luke acted panicked and just sobbed and sobbed once we got in the car.  He kept yelling "baby!".  He knew we all belonged together and when we left Ben, he knew we were missing someone. 

Since those early days, Luke has figured out he can make Ben laugh and smile.  He will now perform for Ben and get him laughing so hard.  Don't get me wrong, Luke still gets whiny and ticked the minute Ben's foot accidentally touches him (or any of his stuff)while we are sitting on the couch or wants me to hold him when I have Ben on my hip, but overall you can tell there is a bond.  One that is special to these two little boys.
Photobucket

1 comment:

AP said...

How awesome- I bet it is amazing to see their relationship form! What sweethearts!
PS: hope you're feeling better soon!