Saturday, December 24, 2011

{Visiting Santa...Luke's Day Out}

Last week Chat and I left Ben with my parents and had a little Luke/Mommy/Daddy time since getting home from the hospital.  I was aching to spend some time with Luke since it had been all about Ben/nursing since we came home.  We wanted Luke to visit Santa before Christmas since we started that tradition last year so we figured we would make a morning of it.  Remember last year?  At 10 months old, Luke seemed to be happy to be on the Big Guy's lap!


Well, this year Luke is 22 months and it was a bit different experience (and I pretty much knew what was going to happen).  Luke didn't really want to hang out with Santa this year...


But he loved the candy cane he got from Santa at the end!  We should have given it to him to start and maybe he would have done better.  Oh well, I still love the picture!  It shows his age and so I am glad we got the momento for this Christmas.  To make up for this, we headed to ride the train that was in the Galleria.  This was the highlight of Luke's day!  His obsession with trains is at an all-time high right now and we just knew he was going to love this.  I rode with him and Chat waited for us and took a few pictures from his phone...


Luke said "choo-choo" about 30 times on our quick ride and just had a ball.  After the train, we went to lunch for some hamburgers and then headed to my parent's house to pick up Ben.  Ben did great there -- he slept the whole time so my parents got some time to just hold him and get to know him a bit without Luke around. 

I can't wait for next Christmas when we can bring both Luke and Ben on this outting! 
Photobucket

No comments: