Thursday, December 1, 2011

{New Words & New Obsession!}

Luke is a few days over 21 months and I wanted to post another list of words that he has learned recently. This is mostly just for my knowledge! I realize I write nothing in his baby book and this blog is the only documentation I have of anything he does. He is still probably a bit behind other boys and girls his age as far as the number of words, but he is making lots of progress! Here are a few more things he has been saying lately...

Slide
Duck
Go
Shoes
Snack
Annie
Car
Stick
Night-Night
Choo Choo
Sissy
Milk
Apple
"moos" for cow
"rooooars" for lion
Where did it go?
It's stuck
Up
Toes
Nose
Eye

I know he says more, but some of the words I still can't quite figure out what he is saying. He will say the same thing over and over again, so I know it is something but just not quite sure what it is :). I am so proud at his new words and the fact that he learns new ones everyday!


The other new development is Luke's obsession with trains...and when I say obsession, I mean OBSESSION! This has developed over the past 4 weeks or so. He wants to play choo-choo all day long, every day. We have one small train track with a few trains and it keeps him busy for literally hours. He has never been as into a toy as he has with trains, so this is all very new and I just love watching him play, play, play. One day he played in his room by himself (wuh?!? it was heaven!) for almost an hour and a half. He says "choo-choo" probably 30 times a day. He is constantly bringing Chat and I one of his trains and then running to his room. So needless to say that he will be getting some new trains for Christmas!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

You mean eventually they will play in a room BY THEMSELVES??? FOR AN HOUR??? You just gave me hope today :)