Sunday, July 5, 2009

{Symptoms & An Upcoming Wedding}

Here I am 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I am still scared out of my mind, but trying to be optomistic. Chat thinks I am crazy...analyzing every little feeling that I could attribute to pregnancy. So anyway, here are my current symptoms:

Sore, swollen chest
Cramping
Tiredness
Hot flashes

Let me touch on the hot flashes for a moment. I have no idea if this is a symptom of pregnancy. But all I can say is that I am hot. Today my body is radiating this heat. I feel like I am going through menapouse! It is crazy. I was sitting in an ice cream shop today fanning myself. Who does that?!

Okay, so this week and upcoming weekend are going to be hectic. My sister Courtney is getting married (woo-hoo!) this Saturday and the craziness begins! I am looking forward to it, but nervous how to keep our little secret with all the drinking that will be around me that I will not be partaking in. Once the wedding festivities are over and the honeymooners are back, I can tell my family what is going on. Chat and I decided to keep this to ourselves until the weekend is over so all the focus can be on the bride...my beautiful sister. But I have to say...it is a bit hard to keep this to myself!

6 comments:

Jen said...

i'm so happy for you! that's very sweet of you to save the news for after your sister's wedding!

Lindsay said...

I think your making the right decision to not tell until after the wedding. And don't worry about hiding it, just carry a glass of champagne around, no one will notice your not drinking it. Or just have DH drink the same drink your holding, and when he's half way done switch glasses with him.

Amanda said...

If anyone asks you about the alcohol, just tell them that you aren't suppose to drink b/c of a med you are on (which is true, met).

Amy said...

I'm sorry you are so nervous but I know I would be too. Have fun at your sister's wedding. At least that will keep your thoughts occupied!

Meant to be a mom said...

I understand completely while your so nervous. I think that's normal because I was the same way and still am.
Congrats to your sis, I hope you have a nice weekend at the wedding and good luck avoiding the alcohol without anyone noticing.
As far as symptoms, I didn't really have any early on and the few I did have were probably from all the fertility meds so I can't help you there. But honestly just keep praying and I will do the same. I can't wait till you go to the doc!!!!!

Melis.sa said...

waiting with you until your doctor appt!! :)