Monday, July 20, 2009

{Countdown to Wednesday}

My home computer crashed, so I have not had internet at home all weekend. It has been driving me crazy! So here are my updates:

1. Ultrasound is this Wednesday!!!!! I am so excited! I can't believe the 3 weeks of waiting are almost over. But I will be very honest...fear has come over me. But I am trying to remain hopefull that we will have a heartbeat and that I will have wonderful news to share :)

2. My symptoms (or lack there of) are freaking me out. I think I am overanalyzing everything. I have been having some waves of funkiness in the tummy - no 'sickness' truly, but definitely not normal, but could all be made up in my mind. I feel that I can't eat too much of one thing or I get kinda queasy. So that is odd and not sure if that is a symptom. I am pretty emotional, but tend to be even with out extra hormones pumping through my body, so who knows if that is a symptom. I tend to cry at most commercials no matter :) Then there is the exhaustion....see #3.

3. Sleep. Something is up with my sleeping. I am exhausted during the day and can barely keep my eyes open. I try to push through the day without a nap so I can sleep at night. Then I get to the night and can't sleep. So I wake up exhausted and the cycle starts over again.

4. So if we do hear a heartbeat, I was going to tell my family on Wednesday night. Change of plans. It turns out my dad has a work dinner that night and won't be home until after 10 pm. But my family had planned to do dinner all together on Thursday night for his 60th birthday. So I thought I could give the news as a birthday present!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Been there, done that for #3. It helped me to put a pillow under my thighs so that my knees bent better. Experiment, try to find something that works for you.

Jen said...

can't wait for your wednesday update! i think that's a great time/perfect way to tell at the thursday dinner!!!

Jill said...

I'm right with you on the sleep thing! it's so frustrating when all you can think about all day is crawling into bed, and when you get there, you can't close your eyes!

Also, that will be the best birthday present your dad could ever ask for! Good luck at the u/s :)

Amy said...

I'm praying for you!

What about getting your dad a Happy Birthday Grandpa card? I want to do that if I get pregnant around one of my parent's birthdays or the holidays.

Megs said...

Can't wait for Wednesday to hear how things are going!! And I think you have a great idea in telling everyone about your news! Good luck!!

Jessica said...

I hope everything goes well on wednesday and you get to hear that beautiful heartbeat. I will be thinking of you.

Melis.sa said...

keeping you in my prayers!! Hoping for a healthy, perfect u/s!!

A said...

I like the Happy Birthday Grandpa card idea!! Will be praying tomorrow!

Lindsay said...

I think that's a great idea!! GL tommorow!! I can't wait to see picts of your little bean!