Monday, July 27, 2009

{The Hangover}

The last few days have been...exciting! We have finally told our families the news and shocked the heck out of everyone! I told my dad on his 60th birthday with a grandpa mug. It was so fun to see the look on his face as he opened it (and my mom's!). They didn't even get what we were telling them at first. I have also told a few friends as well and everyone's response has been unbelievable...so supportive, so happy.

I will be 9 weeks this Thursday (yeah!). My doctor said this was a very important milestone. The risk of miscarriage goes down to less than 4% after this time. As far as symptoms, I am still real tired and my stomach is still weird. More or less, I feel like I have a hangover all the time.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'd be really curious to see what she is citing for the met doing more harm than good at this point. I have been researching for my ob appt tomorrow, and I haven't seen any studies that show that it does harm, most show positive outcomes from it, but some papers are still reluctant to recommend it because more research is needed. Most of the research shows it lowers the risk of gestational diabetes and reduces the risk of ecclampsia. I've also read paper evaluating the children of women that took met during pregnancy and no significant decrease in size or development is seen in those children at 18 months. Met is also used to treat gestational diabetes for women that develop it. My ob has also pulled literature so if she finds something to the contrary, I'll have to update.

My RE did recommend that I stay on met through the first trimester though. He couldn't really say what I should do beyond that for liability reasons but has had many patients choose to stay on it without problems. And I had my met refilled right after my first beta and strangely I got a refill for 4 months instead of 3. Was that a mistake or was he helping me out? I guess I'll just have to wonder about that.

Hope that discharge stops soon, but I think your right that it's not worth getting to worried over.

Meant to be a mom said...

I'm glad your doing good. And how exciting that you got to tell your family. So much fun. I don't blame you for being worried. I was the same way.
But your so close to the point were its so much less of a chance of you having a miscarriage only a few more weeks. You can do it!!!

A said...

I have been thinking about you and wondering how the announcement went. I have so many dreams about how to announce our first to our families- I just pray that I can use some of my ideas soon.

Will keep praying for you!