Tuesday, March 24, 2015

{34 Weeks and 3 Days}

I went to my doctor's appointment yesterday and got an ultrasound of the baby. It was so fun to see the little one up on the screen again! Man, this child has some very pouty, large lips. Ha!


All went well but it seems we have a large baby again. It was measuring over three weeks ahead and they estimate over 7 lbs already. These are similar to Ben's stats at this time and I think it was a little inflated for what it really is. Although from feeling this baby, I do feel it might be a bit larger than Ben but not really convinced it is already 7 lbs. My doctor is concerned because Ben had a shoulder dystocia when delivering and the reoccurrence of that happening again is high. So we are watching the baby closely in the meantime and I will get a follow-up ultrasound in three weeks. I did have elevated amniotic fluid which is common with large babies. I go back in two weeks to check on that again. But I definitely think they will induce me betwee 38 and 39 weeks -- so we have about four weeks to go! There is a small chance of C-section, but I determined we will worry about that when the time comes.

Other news...the baby has tons of hair. It was the first thing the ultrasound tech mentioned. I asked if it was just a lot of it or was it long. And she replied "Both!". Which is so strange to me because neither Luke or Ben had much hair when they were born. I can't wait to see this! And it might prove the theory of hair causes heartburn because I have had it this pregnancy and never with Luke or Ben.

Here is a sweet picture of Luke showing off his baby brother or sister to his classmates. We went to the park after school yesterday and he found my ultrasound pictures. He immediately asked if he could show his friends and so I had to snap a quick picture!

 
I love how excited he is about having another brother or sister! Let's hope that excitement sticks around when it actually gets here.

1 comment:

AP said...

That induction must be coming up soon! Thinking of you and hoping things are well!