Tuesday, June 19, 2012

{Updates from an Exhausted Mom}

You know it is bad when you are begging the morning to come at 3:30 am even though you are exhausted and only have slept probably two hours.  Teething and sickness hit full force last night.  I am not sure which made the night what it was, but I am sure the combo did not help. 

Teeth:  Ben's first tooth is about 1/3 of the way in and that darn 2nd tooth is starting to cut through the gums.  I see it but can't feel it yet which I think is the hardest, more painful stage for the bebe.  He is making this pitiful face all the time and now doing this high-pitched squeal sound.  I. Hate. Teething. 

Ben's pitiful face due to teething. 
Or maybe because Luke was trying to lay on top of him.

Sickness:  Luke came down with a cold on Sunday. I started feeling bad with an itchy throat and overall aches by Sunday afternoon. Ben has had a weird cough since Saturday morning and last night in the wee hours of the morning sounded congested and started coughing more.  It is the summer.  Why are we sick?!?!

How My Night Went Down: So what does all this mean?  No sleep for this gal.  I feel asleep around 11:00 last night and we made it till 12:30 then you-know-what hit the roof. Ben was up at 12:30, then 2:00 am where he was up for about an hour and a half.  In my arms just looking around.  Wuh???  I rocked and rocked for about 45 minutes.  I finally nursed him to try to get him back down.  The minute I put him back in the crib, he was up.  I finally just left him and hopes that he would fall back asleep.  I think he finally fell  back asleep around 3:45 just to wake back up at 4:15.  At this point I was on the verge of a breakdown since I felt so crappy and had slept maybe 2 hours at this point.  Chat went in and got him and put him in bed with me and then he went to shower and get ready for work. Ben did more looking around and then at some point he fe1l asleep again, then woke up at 5:30 and then 6:20. I nursed him hoping he would fall back asleep since I was so tired, but nope. He was up for good. Luke followed pretty quickly.

So we are all up. Luke is right next to me drinking my juice because apparently my juice tastes better than his juice (it is the same juice) and he is playing with his trains. Ben is bouncing in his bouncer and I am watching the clock to see when it is nap time.  God knows we all need a nap.  I look a bit like the bride of Frankenstein right now and I am sure I am scaring the children. 

I need to get well to handle the teething.  I forget how hard it is and what it does to our nights.  The last six months are catching up to me.  I need some sleep.  Just a night here or there.  Please Ben.  SLEEP. 
Photobucket

No comments: