Thursday, June 7, 2012

{A Special Birthday}

Before we left for the bay, Chat said he had a surprise for me to celebrate my birthday with just us.  It was going to be Friday at lunchtime, so I needed to be ready with the boys.  What did we do?  A picnic in the park with the boys!

Chat brother James graduated from culinary school recently.  Chat put him to work to make our picnic lunch!  We had chicken salad sandwiches, chicken and avocado spring rolls, BLT sliders, a fruit basket and home-made eclairs.  It was all so delicious!  Just look...


We got to the park around 11:00 am and set up our lunch on a picnic table.  This was the first time I had been to this particular park.  It was beautiful -- it was huge and had the most amazing, sprawling oak trees.  The weather in Houston was of course hot that day, but a little front had come through that had taken all the humidity away for the day.  We couldn't have ask for a better day!

Benny Boy and Me

Yumm!

My two boys swinging away

Chat swinging with Luke

All the fun wore this guy out!

It was a wonderful way to ring in my 31st year! 

1 comment:

Leah said...

What a lunch! It looks great!