Tuesday, June 26, 2012

{Injured on the Job}

If you meet Luke, you will soon realize how lively and physical he is.  He has always been that way -- practically running before he could even walk, swinging a golf club like a pro by the age of 18 months and jumping off anything he could find.  I love that he is so physical and energetic -- for some reason I enjoy watching him work so hard and enjoy life so much. 

Until Friday. 

I was on the receiving end of all of his energy.  And I have injuries to prove it.

Friday afternoon, Chat and I were playing with Luke out in the front yard while Ben took an afternoon nap.  Luke was running all around the front yard with a huge smile on his face.  He starts running towards me so I stoop down and hold my arms out for a huge hug.  He comes running at my full force and starts to open his arms wide to charge into me. 

Until his train met my face first.

Good old Thomas the Train was in his right hand and came smacking down on my mouth.  In an instant I violently fell back on the grass, tears running down my face and my hand covering my mouth.  Chat freaked out and came running to me.  Luke looked a bit stunned.

After an ice pack and some Advil, it looked as though I had a fat, bruised lip.  I looked funny and it hurt, but I guess I came out pretty good considering.

Until 3:00 am.

I woke up with pain.  I was so tired and I couldn't really get out of my sleepy fog to figure out what was hurting so bad.  I tossed and turned for probably an hour before it got so bad that I got up to get some more pain medicine.  And then I realized it was my neck.  Oh yes, I had whip lash from jerking back when I got hit by that darn train. 

Okay, well this has turned into more injuries than I originally thought but at least Advil was doing the trick and a little cover-up make up for the lip.

Wrong again!

I am sitting on the couch on Sunday evening getting Luke into his pajamas and I feel something rough on my tooth.  I use my nail to scratch it off.  What comes off?  Part of my tooth!  Right under my bruised lip.  Argh.

So now I have a busted lip, whip lash and a chipped tooth.

I am off to the dentist at 1:00 pm today to have them fix the tooth.  I hope I don't find any more injuries from that ridiculous train! 

Photobucket

1 comment:

AP said...

Oh no, you poor thing! Hope you're feeling better soon and don't have any more run ins!