Tuesday, March 8, 2011

{Cancrunk: A Weekend Away}

I survived (and enjoyed!) my first extended time away from Luke! This was the first time I have left Luke for more than one night. I went to Cancun for my friend Tory's wedding that I was in and had a wonderful time. It was a great getaway and I had some much needed friend time and down time. My friend Tory was a beautiful bride and she had an amazing wedding with the most beautiful water and beach in the background!


We had some much needed relaxing time at the beach and a bit of crazy time at the wedding (also needed)! We had so much girl talk (oh, how I miss that) and of course people watching. We definitely came back with stories and memories we will keep for quite awhile! I can't believe I am actually going to post this picture, but this was at the wedding reception on the beach. My dear friends Brooke and Robin and I had several cocktails and really danced it up. For those of you who know me....let's just say my battery has been recharged (please picture my hand motions of my batttery charging now :).


This was us just two hours before the picture above...don't judge :).


Although the trip was great, it was wonderful to come back to Luke, Chat and the puppies yesterday. Luke did great for Chat -- they really had a fabulous weekend together! Chat is now Luke's favorite though and doesn't quite need me as much. Breaks my heart a little, but I am so happy they had such a bonding weekend.

4 comments:

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Good for you!!! And I am JEALOUS! Looks like a great time - and I bet you are a much more refreshed mommy now.

Meant to be a mom said...

I can imagine it was hard to be away. But that being said, it sounds and looks like you had a GREAT time :) I'm so glad you enjoyed the fun with your girlfriends. Us mom's deserve this sort of thing from time to time.

Meant to be a mom said...

I can imagine it was hard to be away. But that being said, it sounds and looks like you had a GREAT time :) I'm so glad you enjoyed the fun with your girlfriends. Us mom's deserve this sort of thing from time to time.

Emily said...

I LOVE the bridesmaid dresses! Ya'll are hot mommas! The beach is just gorgeous. Looks like you had a fabulous time, which was well deserved!