Thursday, December 12, 2013

{Ben is Two!! Oh and Strep Throat Again.}

I can't believe...our Benny Boy is TWO!!!  Well, maybe I can believe it.  He has been acting two for about six months now.  He has changed so much in the last year and I can't wait to share all his updates!  We head to the pediatrician next week for his two year check-up, so I will save all the details till then.  Ben truly helped me learn just how much my heart can grow and how much more love a parent can have.  He truly is the perfect fit in our family!
 
We started the morning out with our traditional breakfast at Avalon, so hopefully we are starting this next for him on the right foot.  Speaking of foot, he got the best birthday present today, he got to kick his 'special boot' for his fractured foot to the curb and wear his good 'ole trusty New Balance sneaker again. It has been three weeks in that thing and so they say his foot should be good as new!
 
Happy Birthday Ben!
 

In other news, I got strep throat again on Sunday.  For anyone who is counting, that is the third time in eight weeks.  I immediately went to the doctor to get my diagnosis and prescriptions and then I brought both Ben and Luke to their pediatrician to get tested.  Clearly we have some type of carrier issue.  And guess what?  Both boys tested positive -- with absolutely ZERO symptoms.  So they got a terribly painful penicillin shot to cover them for the next 28 days.  After that time period is up, we will retest them and if either of them still test positive, that means they are a carrier.  Which means I will just have to build up immunity to not get sick anymore.  HELP!!!

Just to document the painful shot that the boys had...it was awful.  I am not one to really get upset when the boys got their vaccines.  I didn't like it, but I was never the mom who was crying because they were in pain.  I knew it hurt, but they typically recovered pretty quickly.  Also, after everything we went through with Ben in the ICU and how much he was hooked up and poked, etc...shots don't really bother me.  But the shot they got on Monday was really, really bad.  Apparently the consistency was like glue, so it took forever to go in.  Ben had a huge bruise and knot on his bottom all week and just today started sitting on that cheek again and Luke busted all the capillaries around his eyes because he was crying and straining so much when we were holding him down.  It was so hard to keep them pinned down because I was so weak because of being so sick.  Not sure if I would do it again now having gone through it.  But I did think it was the better option at the time (versus oral antibiotics) because they would be protected longer.  It was a doozy!

Chat got tested and he was negative, but still was put on an antibiotic just to be on the safe side.  So this virus should be gone, but we won't truly know anything for about a month.  Or until I get sick again.  Ha! 

No comments: