Tuesday, March 12, 2013

{Three Bits of Gratitude}

We are having some more sick days over here.  The weather is beautiful outside and I am at home with two boys -- one pretty much getting over being sick and the other with high, high fever.  So high (104.5) that we had to make a run to the doctor, then the hospital for a chest x-ray.  Luckily, it looks like it is just a virus that it has to run its course. But poor Luke is having some really hard days.  I am doing my best to keep his fever down and him comfortable.  Oh and keeping Ben occupied which I find a bit harder than the first.  Chat has gone out of town for work and will hopefully come home Thursday night to a healthy house hold.  Crossing my fingers!

As I had a few minutes while everyone was napping, I read a blog post about happiness and it got me thinking.  What would I say if I had to pick three things I am thankful for today -- on a day that has not been the most glamorous.  Well, here goes...

1.  How Luke loves to hold my hand. 

2.  Ibuprofen (How did mothers do it back in the day without medication??? High fevers are scary.)

3.  A big fountain coke to help get me through the day (Thanks Lynn!)

Hoping that we get less of this....


And more of this....(from both boys!)

Over the next day or so!

3 comments:

AP said...

Awwww, poor buddy! Hope everyone is healthy soon!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Booo :(( Hope everyone feels better soon! It's insult to injury when the weather has been so darned pretty.

Brittney said...

Oh no! So sad:( Hope your family gets feeling better soon!