Tuesday, December 4, 2012

{Updates}

1.  I am on day 12 of being sick.  First stomach bug, then cold and now sinus infection.  But only on one side of my face.  I. Just. Want. To. Feel. Better.  It has been very hard to get into the Christmas spirit feeling like this.  Oh and the 80+ degree weather we are having too.

2.  We put up lights on the outside of the house, but have not done any decorating on the inside. I had this great idea this year that I wanted white lights on the outside and I wanted them to be the kind you tack on to the house in those perfect lines.  Chat worked his tail off and after several issues, finished and we had this beautiful outcome!  He made this girl super happy. This weekend we will get our tree and hopefully get this house ready for Ben's big party!


3.  Speaking of Ben, he will be one in just over a week!!  I can't believe my sweet Ben is turning one.  The days have been long at times this past year, but this year has been so very short.  I can't wait to celebrate him and have all of our friends over for his big party.  I talked to Santa this past week and he can't wait to surprise this kids with his visit!

4.  We went to Avalon Diner for our annual birthday breakfast for Chat last week.  We loaded up on pancakes, eggs and bacon. The boys loved it and good thing because we will be back on Ben's birthday and Luke's birthday.  Here is a picture of the birthday boy and Luke! 


5.  Luke went to school in underwear for the first time yesterday!  He did pretty well with only one small accident in the gym.  I always give him the option of underwear or diaper to go to school, and yesterday was the first day he chose underwear.  So I feel we have ripped the bandaid off -- so it is underwear to school every time now!

6.  On Saturday, we took Luke and Ben up to school and they decorated gingerbread houses.  It was so cute!  Luke was into it for about a whole five minutes and really thought all the decorations were a candy buffet for himself, but it was a blast.  His friend Cooper and his family came too.  These boys love each other!


Do you see Luke's shirt and face.  That would be icing and any red candy he could get his hands on!
Ben had a blast toddling around and eating nila wafters.


7.  Yesterday at MOPS, the topic was How to Pray for Your Children.  I got so much out of it and I really hope that I use what I learned.  I feel that sometimes I get caught up in trying to teach Luke how to pray (which isn't super easy to do as he runs laps around the house) and have a relationship with God that I forget to pray for him and Ben on a daily basis. I think it is so important to take quiet time and have a dialogue with God about your children.

8.  Luke and Ben are starting to really play together.  Or fight.  Or play. Or fight.  I have a feeling the next ten years are going to drive me crazy with all the bickering!



9.  Did I mention Luke is still in swim classes?  We started in April and Luke has made such improvement.  He has always received such praise from his teacher when I go to pick him up.  Until last Friday...apparently he didn't want to do anything she asked. He just wanted to play with the toys.  I am hoping it was just an off day and he goes back to doing well!


10.  That's about all I have for right now.  I am off to go blow my nose for the 200th time today and it is only 10:00 am.  I really, really, really want to get better. 

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Good luck with the party planning!

Good for you on having Luke in swim classes at his young age - that's wonderful. Those skills will carry him through life!