Monday, December 17, 2012

{Ben's Santa Party!}

Ben's Birthday/Santa Party...aka the party that almost didn't happen.  The last 72 hours have been a bit of a blur, but with a very happy ending. 

Let's start with Thursday night.  I had a girl's dinner and was super excited to get out of the house and enjoy some time with some great friends and celebrate one of their birthdays!  We had a wonderful time and I came home and went to bed around 11:30 that night.  Around 1:30 that morning, I woke up feeling terribly nauseous.  You can imagine what happened next.  I will spare you the details and just say that the next six hours were very, very unpleasant.  I think it was food poisoning because I was better pretty quickly after that night, but it could have been a small bug.  I felt better by Friday -- just tired and weak. 

We decided to see how I felt throughout the day on Friday and decide about the party on Saturday morning.  By Saturday morning, I was almost 100% so we went full steam ahead.  And we had so much to do in a very little time!  But I am so glad we did end up having it.  The party was so much fun. We all felt well and had a ball!

We had a special visitor for Ben...

And he wanted nothing to do with him...
 
Luckily, lots of other kiddos enjoyed Santa!
 
And of course there was cake...
 
 
We had such a good time celebrating Ben!  I told myself next year would be a bit more low key since it was a lot to handle with the holidays too, but I am thinking I already need to call Santa at the North Pole and book him for the big 2nd birthday!  It really was fun to experience :).  I am so happy we can now focus on Christmas coming up and spend the next week together as a family.  We just have a few more presents to buy and we will be set.  But first, caroling tonight on a hay ride in our neighborhood!
 

No comments: