Thursday, September 6, 2012

{Best Buddies}

When Courtney and I ended up pregnant together, everyone always asked me if it was fun being pregnant at the same time as my sister.  It was fun -- but more importantly it was special.  Very special. 
 
 
We were going through similar and also very different pregnancies.  We had no idea what kind of babies were in those big bellies, but it was incredible to be on the journey together.  How many sisters get lucky enough to get a picture like that??
 
But I will tell you, although being pregnant together was so amazing, nothing compares to sharing having a child the same age together.  I realize how lucky Courtney and I are to have two little ones that have each other.  They are buddies.
 
I love Ben and Molly individually so much, but put them together and the cuteness just explodes.  They LOVE each other and light up when they are near.  It is about the cutest thing I have every seen.

 
With each passing month, they get more and more into each other.  Making it more and more fun for us and the family to watch them together.  
 
 
They couldn't be more different.  And I mean different.  They have very different looks, personalities, likes/dislikes.  But boy do they have fun when they are together!  There is a lot of sucking faces, climbing up on each other, funny squaky/dolphine-like noises and tons of smiles!
 
 
I know we will be taking pictures of these two together everywhere for the next few years.  Luckily they don't mind it too much right now, but lets see how they do at 2 years old :).  We all look like fools when they are around -- we just sit and stare and ooh and ahhh over the two of them together. 
 

I feel so lucky that Ben has Molly.  I know she is going to be his best pal for the next several years.  She brings so much joy to his life.  I know the fighting and fits will start eventually, but for now, we are just lovin' these two kiddos together.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

That is adorable - so neat Ben has a built-in best buddy for life;)