Monday, July 23, 2012

{Late July Update}

Wow, things have been busy!  Since we are leaving town tomorrow for a little vacation with the boys, I am updating the fastest way I know how...with numbers!

1.  I have recently been running the past six weeks or so to see if I can get my body into shape.  So far so good...until last week.  Clearly the universe is telling me to stop working out (I wish!).  I went on a run once the boys were down for the night and a bug fly into my eye and pretty much tore it apart -- literally.  The doctor said the bug acted like a little razor blade in my eye socket and did a lot of damage.  Luckily, optomotrists can prescribe drops with steroids in them that can make you feel soooooo much better.  It was red and very painful and the skin around the eye swelled up and turned blueish due to the bruising.  It was such a freak thing to happen. Here is a picture of me once things started improving.  I just wish I got a picture of it before the drops!


2.  Ben has not been himself the past few days.  We started sleep training him about two weeks ago and things were going pretty well.  Not perfect, but better.  But last Thursday, he seemed to get very fussy and just seemed unhappy.  His sleep went in the toilet and he was making funny faces.  I am suspecting more teeth are making their arrival very soon.  He has perked up today and I am hoping that sticks around!  I miss his endless smiles.

3.  We celebrated my dad's 63rd birthday this past weekend!  We went to my parent's house for a mexican fiesta and had a great time.  Here is my dad and his two grandsons!


4.  These two cousins are about the cutest thing ever.  Molly is getting pretty brave and starting to climb the stairs.  Ben wants to follow, but still has a bit more work to do. But he LOVES standing up!


5.  We got to babysit Addison while her mom (aka best friend Brooke) went to an appointment.  I was totally impressed how well she and Luke played together.  It is nice to have days like this because sometimes Mr. Two-Year-Old can be a real toot!


6. Ben is still doing great with the bottle!  Woohoo!  It is a lot of extra work to pump just to turn right around and give him it in a bottle, but I know it is worth it for a little freedom every now and then.  Now I just need to plan a night out!  Here is the birthday boy giving him a bottle on Saturday:


6.  And just because, here are the dynamic duo together!  Here is another awesome picture I got of them.  Please note the sarcasm.  I am really hoping we get some good ones of them together soon!


We are off to San Antonio for a few days!  I still have lots of packing to do before we leave tomorrow morning.  It is sure hard to pack for two kiddos this age.  It doesn't matter if you are going for one night or two weeks, you still need all the same stuff.  Here's to 3 days full of family, sun and fun!

No comments: