Tuesday, March 20, 2012

{In The Night}

Every night I go to sleep not quite sure of what it will bring.  Will Ben sleep 8 glorious hours?  Or will he wake up with a fever like Saturday night?  Will Luke randomly cry out due to a bad dream or those darn 2 year mollars that are still making their way in?  Or maybe, just maybe, will we not hear a peep from him until 7 am?

I close my eyes usually around 11:00 every night with these very worries.  What is tonight going to bring?  And then they follow by a promise I tell myself: One day I will get sleep.  I am thinking around the year 2030 when Ben is 18 and out of the house. Then I try to think: Don't wish this time away just because you are tired.  It is my mantra right now.
 

So how is Ben sleeping?  Hmmm, we seem to be regressing again.  Last night...

8:30 pm - Bedtime for Luke
9:00 pm - Bedtime for Ben
11:00 pm - Bedtime for mommy
2:30 am - Ben crying
2:35 am - Go to Ben and nurse him back to sleep
2:55 am - I finally fall back asleep
3:30 am - *Chirp*, the smoke alarm in our bedroom is chirping due to low battery and dog Trudy begins panic attack
4:00 am - Since we have never changed the battery in this house before, it took us (Chat) awhile to figure it out how to even open the darn thing, so it was quite a while to get back to sleep
4:30 am - Ben crying
4:35 am - Go to Ben and nurse him back to sleep since I haven't quite figured out how to get him to sleep without doing this
5:00 am - I finally fall back asleep
5:57 am - Chat's alarm goes off
6:10 am - Ben crying...

...And so on and so on.  I am not quite sure why he is now waking up 3 times a night.  I know it is not hunger, especially after that 2:30 am feeding.  We are still swaddling him, but I am thinking we need to stop here in the next 2 weeks which scares the heck out of me.  I am worried about letting him cry too long until we deswaddle since he is in a straight jacket and because Luke is right down the hall stirring at any noise even with a sound machine. 

*Sigh*

I just wish I knew what was making him regress.  I wish I knew what to do going forward to improve his sleeping.  It is so easy to tell someone else what they should do, it is something else to know yourself.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Good lord. You are a saint my lady.