Monday, February 8, 2010

{36 Weeks}

I am currently 36w3d today and I got an ultrasound at the doctor's office today. The little one is measuring in length at 37w6d (one day shy of 38 weeks). Almost a week and a half ahead. Okay, I can handle that, but here is the crazy part. He should be around 6 to 6.5 pounds at this point, but he actually is weighing 7 pounds and 14 ounces. Yes, that is 2 ounces shy of an 8 pound baby at 36 weeks. Can I say epidural please?!?!?!?

Oh, and I got a lousy cold to start my week. I am trying to get as much rest and will it away!!! My head is stuffy and my nose is running. I hope it goes away soon!

3 comments:

AP said...

Hope your cold goes away very soon!!!

PS: I've been told that estimating baby's weight through u/s can be off by as much as 2lbs, so Baby may not be 8lbs... I guess that can go both ways, but lets not dwell on that :o)

SarahM said...

I agree with A. My cousin was told her son was going to be over 10 lbs and he came out 7lb 6 oz and she was told her daughter was going to be 5lbs or smaller and she came out 8lbs 6 oz. :) You will do amazing no matter what size he ends up being.

Meant to be a mom said...

Definitely baby weights can be off. My son was a lb heavier than they thought.

I hope your cold gets better. You need all your energy so you can prepare to be a mommy. SO SOON!!!