Tuesday, October 21, 2014

{News}

Wow...so I didn't mean to take such a long break from blogging but all of a sudden it has been almost two months! I am going to try to document and catch up in the next few weeks since some fun things have happened -- the boys started school, Luke went on a trip with Chat and rode on his first airplane, we took the kids to Austin, and lots more. But for now, I am just starting with this post.

So where have I been? I have been laying down. I have been sleeping. I have been rocking in the fetal position. Because I have felt terrible. And I couldn't have been happier about it. We are excited to be welcoming a new addition to our family next spring!  Hello little one...

Ultrasound at 12 weeks 3 days

I am pregnant! And I am just over the moon! So to answer a few questions...yes, we were trying! In fact, we had been trying for quite some time without any luck. I had been getting lots of help from my doctors and medications/treatments and truly by the grace of God I was given this little one. I have had fertility issues with each child, but this one was proving a little bit more difficult. I thought we were at a point where we were about to embark on a really hard road (well, harder than the one we were already on), but this little miracle popped up. I am so unbelievably thankful.

I am due May 1st. That is two days after Chat's last final for his MBA degree. Talk about timing. God really knew what he was doing :).  I have felt absolutely terrible with this pregnancy -- by far the hardest pregnancy I have had. I don't know if it is my increasing age, the fact that I have two kiddos to run after or what, but it has been tough. But I am slowly seeing the light and I think we are heading back to normal.

We told the boys and actually got it on video. It was super cute! Nothing crazy, just cute conversation about being big brothers and what to name the baby. Luke thinks we should name it Richard if a boy (our mailman's name) and Molly if a girl (his cousin's name). Ben either said Rosie or Roaches. Let's hope Rosie :). They are so excited...especially Ben who finally gets to be a big brother. I think the hardest thing is the waiting. They don't quite get that part. Just today Luke asked if we were getting the baby this Sunday. Sorry buddy...we have to wait just a bit longer! Oh and Luke did ask me how the baby will come out. I fumbled my way through an answer, but I hope he forgets it and never asks again!! I was not prepared at all. Ha!

We aren't going to find out the gender this time. We did with both Luke and Ben and had a great experience with that, but I want a new experience since most likely this is our last child. Odds are it is another wonderful boy and just having a different way to find out would be fun! We would be thrilled with another little boy or a sweet little girl. Whatever I am supposed to have is what I want. So nope, not hoping for either one, just a healthy one to hold in about 7 months! The only hard part I am finding is coming up with names for both genders. I have hard enough time just coming up with one, so this will be tough. I am sure it will be a game-time decision in the hospital.

So that's where I am right now. Still a little under the weather, but so happy and hopeful. I have never felt so blessed and fortunate to experience this again. Now that I am almost 13 weeks and feeling better I hope to be blogging some more. I can't wait to see what the next year holds for us :).

2 comments:

Leah said...

Sooooooo excited for you!!!! Congrats!!!!!! Praying you feel better ASAP!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

EEEKKK! How exciting, Bethany! Congratulations! :)