Monday, October 27, 2014

{HPD Mounted Patrol}

So I have no idea when we actually did this. I think it was late August, but maybe it was September. Anyhoo it was a great experience! I have been wanting to go to the HPD Mounted Patrol stable for a long time. I am a horse-lover so I think I wanted to go just as much as wanting Luke and Ben to go. So one morning we loaded up and headed about 20 minutes out of town to bring apples, carrots and peppermints to some wonderful horses.




It was super easy to get to and once we were there, we had to do a quick sign-in and then we got to walk back to the stable. We didn't have a guide or anyone around us -- just us and the horses. And I loved every bit of it! We figured out pretty quickly that carrots were the easiest thing to feed them. The apples got horribly messy! All of the horses are used to visitors bringing treats, so the minute we got there, all their heads poked out and some even started kicking their door in order to get our attention.


Luke LOVED it! He had no fear and fed all of the horses. Ben on the other hand ended up quite terrified and stuck close to me or chased the black cat that hung around. I think he only fed one horse and then he was done.



I figured out pretty quickly that Luke always had his mouth open when feeding the horses. He took his job very seriously!





 Ben just looked at the horses with this weird face. It was so funny! He enjoyed the outing but I am not sure what he really thought of them. It was cute!


Both boys loved the huge horse statue though! No complaints from either one of them when it was picture time.




We definitely will be back! I hope one of my boys gets my love of horses and riding, but that might just be wishful thinking. This is so fun to do -- I highly recommend it for anyone in Houston!

No comments: