Wednesday, February 12, 2014

{Dressing Up!}

This past weekend we sent the boys to their grandparents and Chat and I had a big night out!  We were invited to help buy a table with friends for a gala benefitting the parks at a nearby neighborhood. We were excited for the opportunity to get a bit dressed up!  Which is totally not our normal style, but so fun every now and then. 
 
My two wonderful friends and I headed to get our hair done at a blow dry bar.  It was so fun!  We were pampered and made to look beautiful, all while drinking champagne and enjoying each other's company.  What else could we need?!?
 
Yikes!  Not the most glamorous selfie. 
(Note to self...wear make-up in close up pictures.)
 
Champagne was delicious!
 
Oh, hello...
 
Chat brought the boys to a birthday party when I was getting dolled up.  He loved getting selfies from me during this time and really encouraged me to get a beehive.  Ha!  After the party he dropped the boys off at my parents and then met me at home to get dressed.  We took this selfie of the two of us before we headed out the door!
 
 
We then headed to my friend Katie's house for drinks before we headed to the big event.  We laughed because we all felt like it was prom in our 30's.  It was way fun!!  All we needed was a banister and all of us to line up for a picture.  No such luck :).
 
 
 
 
We all did a little toast before we headed out.  I feel so fortunate to have such wonderful friends to have fun nights like this as well as evenings with kids jumping around and all of us in work-out clothes.  Love our dear friends!
 
 
The night was fabulous but of course I am always happy to be back home.  It was after midnight before we got home and it was so strange to be in our house without the boys.  We rarely do that.  I missed them.  But I did enjoy not having to wake up in the middle of the night at all (ahem...we have been having issues again).  We got up the next morning by 7:45 or 8:00 and enjoyed just laying in bed for a bit.  I miss that!  We went and got the boys around 10:00 am and got them home.  They were piled on me within minutes and I loved it!  Chat took this picture of us.  I am looking a little tired, right?!?
 
 
Such a fun night to celebrate and benefit the parks that we spend so much time at.  But I am still trying to catch up on my sleep!

1 comment:

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Blow dry bars are the BEST! It's my new addiction :) Y'all look great - it's so fun to break out of the rut every now and again :)