Saturday, June 1, 2013

{Trip to the Bay with Friends!}

We took a trip down to the bay house two weeks ago with some friends!  My friend Brooke and her husband Austin are expecting their second little girl in just a few weeks, so we thought it would be fun to get away before she is homebound for awhile with a newborn.  Luke and Ben looooooved having Addison there to play with and we had a wonderful, relatively relaxing time by the sea. The kids got along so well, and the only trouble we had was it was a bit difficult getting them to go to sleep since they were have so much fun!

The three amigos!
 
I think Luke thought he was in heaven next to this one.  I mean, I really could eat them up with a spoon.  Is this not the most darling picture?  I love Addison's sweet face.
 

Saturday morning, we headed down to the beach.  Our friends Candice and Gunnar and their little boy Christian met up with us too.  Sadley I did not get one picture of him - I am so mad at myself for that one.  But I did get some of Luke and Addison playing in the sand...which was Luke's favorite.


Not the prettiest of beaches, but the kiddos didn't seem to mind as they practically rolled around in the sand and seaweed...


Poor Ben did not get good sleep the first night and he passed out on my lap around 11:00 that morning.  He was having fun, especially watching my feet sink in the wet sand, but I think the wind and the waves crashing lulled him to sleep.  He was out...


These two had fun playing by the water!  They loved jumping over the waves and playing with the wet sand.


Here is a picture of Brooke and me!  She is about 33 weeks pregnant here, and I was drinking for the both us :).  It was really a fun weekend to see our kids play so well together.



These two were the highlight of the weekend.  They loved pointing out the seagulls, counting the jellyfish in the water and the best was jumping on the beds!  They got to sleep in the same room and we put all the twin mattresses on the floor (to reduce any tumbles during the middle of the night) and they would spend hours in that room running around and jumping from bed to bed.  All we would hear is giggles!  And sweet Ben would be in there too trying to hang with the big kids, laughing the whole time. 


When we left, Luke talked all about Addison for the next week.  He opted to always pray for her during our bedtime prayers and when I would randomly ask "Who do you love?", he would always respond "Addison!".  I am hoping we can do this again soon!

We are headed back down there this weekend with my family for three nights, so there will be more pictures to come!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Looks like such a great time - glad you guys had a fun trip! Looking forward to seeing the latest pics.