Tuesday, February 12, 2013

{In My Head]

For some reason I am finding it hard to blog lately.  Which I hate because I love going back to see what we were doing at different times of life.  So I am forcing myself to provide an update on what has been going on in my head and in the house...

1.  I love see my boys do things together -- especially when they are not fighting (which they do all the time - help!!!!).  We have been coloring hearts (in honor of Valentine's Day) for the past few nights while Chat has been at work.  Luke, who has never been a crafty/project kind of kid, has been loving it which surprises me and excites me.  He loves trying to draw circles and hearts.  Ben has loved sucking on the markers.  I guess coloring will come later.


2.  Speaking of coloring, Luke wrote with crayon on our hallway wall for the first time today. And the worst (best???) part is that he was so proud of himself and loved seeing that purple mark on the wall. I think crayons and markers are now going on a very high shelf so little hands cannot get them while mommy is not watching. 

3.  Last night was the fourth night Chat was working nights.  It was bathtime, I was tired after several nights on my own.  They were hyper as usual so I realized we needed something to change things up and help the time go quickly. Then I spotted them...two tubes full of glow sticks from two birthday parties we had gone to over the past few months.  I threw the boys in the bath  with the glow stikcs and turned the lights off.  Ben was unsure of a bath in the dark at first, but then they loved it!


4.  Ben is officially 14 months today.  I realized that Ben is now older than Luke was when I got pregnant with him.  It seems crazy to think I was already pregnant with baby #2 when Luke was still a baby himself.  It actually gave me a huge sigh of relief we passed that milestone with Ben.  Not that I didn't like having two boys under two, but that is something I do not want to happen again.  If we have a third, there needs to be more time in between - for all of our sanity!  A few nights ago, I decided to ask Luke if he wanted another sibling.  I texted the conversation to Chat who was at work...


Pretty cute.  I asked him the same thing a few months ago and he screamed, "NOOOOOOO!" when wanting another brother or sister.  And I am surprised he said sister.  Actually I think it is because his best pal Connor has a new baby sister. 

I love the other little conversation we had about being happy.  Luke has really turned a corner lately. I am thinking three is going to be a good year for him, because goodness, two was a tough one. I am really enjoying the little conversationalist we have now with a lot less tantrums!  Although Ben is picking up in that department.  Argh! 

5.  Last week I think I got another kidney stone.  I loathe kidney stones.  This time was weird and different though.  I had a lot less pain, but just blood in my urine.  Then Friday morning, the pain started.  I was on my way to bring Luke to school.  I saw my friend Christine in the front, so I literally handed her Luke and sped off to my moms.  Within about 30 minutes though, the pain went away.  I am thinking it might just be a small stone.  Please no more!!!

6.  Chat received a call this week that he got an interview for the Executive MBA program he is applying to.  I am proud he has already made it this far. I am still a but nervous for all the changes and stresses this might bring, but trying not to think about those things just yet.  I am just happy for him that he gets a chance to interview. 

7.  Last Thursday, Chat went to a happy hour for a few hours, so I had the boys on my own for dinner.  We ate early and I realized we had over an hour and a half before bathtime.  So it was time for a little momma/son ice cream date!  We ended up seeing another friend/mom in the neighborhood there with her two sons.  It turned in to quite a fun playdate!


8.  Ben is addicted to the swing.  He literally stands at the front door, pulls on the handle and screams until one of us brings him to the front yard to swing.  His screeching is becoming quite the norm.  The boy has an opinion now and he states it loudly.


9.  Ben is getting in two molars at the moment.  I am hoping that is the reason he has been Mr. Fuss Pants lately.

10.  We had a little superbowl party over at my friend Katie's house last week.  We had a blast!  I feel so fortunate to have such wonderful, mom friends.  I really don't know what I would do without them!  The kids run around and play, all the moms and dads chat.  This group is very unique and I am so blessed to be a part of it.  Here are a few of us....


11.  Update on Ben and the choking situation.  He hasn't choked in the last two weeks -- hooray!  Maybe it took going to the doctor for it to finally stop.  Isn't that always what happens?  You swear your child is super sick and lethargic, but you go to the dr and they are running around smiling and blowing kisses.  Ha!  But we have a plan if it continues. It involves a lot of testing, so I am hoping with watching him closely and changing what we have given him to eat and the size of bites, etc., we can avoid it.

12.  I have been trying to get into the routine of praying more for the boys (and in general).  I started a little prayer journal to be more accountable and also remember what I want/need to pray for them.  I keep it on my nightstand and try to pick it up and write in it a few times a week before bed.  It seems to be helping and keeping me on track better. 

13.  I am still working a few hours a week as an executive search consultant (aka head hunter).  I have been doing it since September and finally got some commision right before the new year.  Although it adds a little bit of stress to our life, every little bit helps, right?

14.  I finally finished the first part of my little project!  I will do a separate post on it in a few days!

15.  And because moms are never in the picture, here is one of Luke and me.  Even though being a mom can be challenging, I do feel so lucky to be the mom of these little guys every day. 


I think we all go through rough times and happy times.  Lately, I have been feeling calm.  Calm with the boys, with the craziness, with my life.  I am not sure why, but I hope I stay this way for a bit.  It sure makes life a bit easier to handle :).
 
That's it for now!  I feel I still have lots more to write and document, but this post has gone on way too long!

No comments: