Sunday, November 4, 2012

{To Grandmother's House We Go}

The day after Halloween, Chat, the boys and I loaded up the car and headed to Victoria to visit the boy's great grandmother.  Chat had to visit a power plant nearby so we thought it would be a good idea for me and the boys to come to spend some time with my sweet grandmother.  She is 91 years old and doesn't miss a beat. She is very healthy and loves it when we visit, which isn't nearly enough. It felt so good to be able to spend time with her and let her see the boys and see how much they have grown.  It was also wonderful to eat some of her amazing cherry pie!


Ben stole the show that day!  He was almost as sweet as her cherry pie and just toddled around (I think he LOVED her carpet) and smiled and smiled at her.  I think he made my grandmother's day.  He sat in her lap a few times and they looked at books and she hugged on him.  He found ever picture frame and nick nack on every side or end table. We had to put everything away, but other than that he was a perfect visitor.  He even got a whole cookie to himself.  I think he thought he won his own baby lottery!

Luke did well although it took him a little bit of time to warm up which is pretty typical of him at his age.  We had a few train-throwing incidents and was a little rough some times, but he did well overall.  He liked picking oranges from her fruit trees and playing on her back patio.  He even gave grandma a hug a few times which I know she loved.  I got a picture of one hug when we were outside...


I will be heading back to Victoria with the boys a few days before Thanksgiving and then maybe sometime in December to celebrate Christmas with her and the rest of the family.  I hope we catch a few more memories on camera like we did this week :). 

No comments: