Sunday, November 11, 2012

{Potty Training Update}

So this is pretty much my view at home these days.


What is it about little boys and underwear that makes them so darn cute?!?!

The last I updated, I was not sure how to move forward - go all in, go back strictly to just diapers or follow Luke's cues and go at his pace.  We ended doing the third option and relaxing a bit and letting him lead us on how to do this.  And the result??  Luke is actually doing pretty well.  He wears choo-choo pants (aka underwear) when he is at home and for the most part is not having any accidents.  He uses his little potty and likes getting his treats for his success. 

When we are out and about or sleeping, he is in a diaper and it doesn't seem to bother him.  He seems to go back and forth easily between the two.  Occasionally he will request a diaper because he doesn't want to use the potty.  I try not to fight him on this and will try to encourage the potty, but if all else fails, he gets his diaper. 

I am thinking we will do this for a few more weeks and then maybe try underwear at school in December or January.  I think he could actually do it now, but with the holidays coming up and lots of car trips and outtings, I am thinking if we wait it will be easier on us all.

We have taken a very relaxed approached and it seems to have worked.  I am just praying that things continue to go well and this boy will be out of diapers soon!  I am very, very proud of Luke.  He sure is growing up!

No comments: