Tuesday, February 21, 2012

{A Look Back}

We have been back at home as a family of four for about a week and a half.  Ben is wonderful -- back to his old self and growing, growing, growing!  It is funny, once we left the hospital, he barely had a sniffle or cough to speak of which is just crazy to me with everything that he went through.  We are still catching up on life, but overall we are back to our normal routine.  It feels right. 

It is really hard for me to think back to those 2 weeks.  I have never been more terrified, sad, helpless, exhausted in my entire life.  As a mother, I have trouble putting into words just how scary this was and what it truly felt like to see your child in this state.  I can't articulate how hard and devastating it all was.  I see our sweet Ben and it bring tears to my eyes thinking of him in that hospital bed in the ICU with all those tubes coming out of him.  So I try not to think about it.  But I know I will want to have this as a memory in a weird way as a mother, so I am going to post some pictures of our ordeal to document it.  Here was those 2 weeks as they happened -- in chronological order.  You can see the transformation and when our little guy came back to us....


















  

 



Photobucket

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh, it just breaks my heart for you that you had to go through all of that! Ben is just the cutest thing ever! I have a four month old and your story really tugged at my heart string... My Griffin looks a tad bit like Ben and when I saw that they have the paci in a couple of pictures I actually started to cry.

I'm so thankful that you are back home again with a whole and healthy family!

xoxox

Bethany Lenhart said...

Thank you so much Hillary. Your comments have been so sweet. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers for Ben.

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Oh I am just so glad he is home where he is supposed to be. I know every emotion you felt. It's terrible. Praise God for little Ben getting back to himself and growing like a weed : ) And yay, Momma, for survival! That's HUGE.

xoxo, Meg

Meant to be a mom said...

I am truly so grateful that God was able to help Ben to heal and go home with you guys. What a terrible experience. I am still thinking of you guys so much and praying for you guys. Those pictures of Ben when he's bright eyed again melt my heart. What a sweet baby.