Wednesday, July 21, 2010

{Progress}

I need to document this significant week...for the first time, I can put Luke down for his nap or bedtime AWAKE!!! It only took us almost 5 months to accomplish this :) He does cry at first but after 2 to 8 minutes (depending on the day), he settles down and goes fast asleep. This so beats having to rock him or feed him to sleep EVERY time. This has been my biggest hurdle the past two months and I am so excited that we have made progress!!!

Here is a picture of him today asleep for his first nap (yes, he is only in a diaper because he pooped on his onesie right before nap time!). He looks like he is in a little jail....

1 comment:

Megs said...

We are still working on going to sleep still awake. I nurse Aiden at night right before he goes to bed, so it never fails that he falls asleep while nursing.

Now, getting my hubby to lay him down during the day for naps...that's just craziness! I can't seem to get it across that this needed to happen, oh, 5 months ago. He still holds him for his entire nap in the morning. Grrr...we are working on it though.