Friday, January 22, 2010

{To Pee in a Cup}

The title says it all, right? At my last OB appointment this past Monday, I went in expecting to do my usual thing. Jump on the scale (yikes!). Get my blood pressure taken. Then pee in a little cup before heading to the exam room (which is never a problem at this point in the game). The nurse handed me the cup and I went to the bathroom. All of a sudden, I started to panic. I couldn't see the cup...at all! It had been a bit harder to hold and aim in the cup in the recent months, but never impossible. Well this time...it was impossible! I started sweating a bit as I tried to get a glimpse of whether or not the cup was under the right...'part'. At the same time, I couldn't help but start hysterically laughing at myself. Since I had just went to the bathroom before I left the house, I didn't have a whole lot to give, so I couldn't just close my eyes and hope for the best. If I missed, I wouldn't have anything else to give! Anyhoo, after a lot of laughing and holding my breath, I was successful. I am not sure what I am going to do in 2 weeks when I have to do it again when I will be 36 weeks pregnant with an even bigger belly!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Oh, that is TOO funny! I can totally picture it. I'm not there yet so I don't have any great advice. But enjoy your beautiful, growing belly!!

AP said...

I'm not laughing at you- I'm totally laughing with you!! This so sounds like something that would happen to me in the near future!! Like you, I'd be stressed about getting the pee, but laughing hysterically at the situation :o)
No suggestions, but good luck next time!!!

Meant to be a mom said...

Oh no, Thats funny. Sorry you had so much trouble but it is funny.
Honestly I'm anti public restrooms as it is, no matter how clean they seem. So when I went for my urine samples at my ob I always hover. I don't sit, just sort of let my booty hang over the potty and that way I could position the cup and almost put it against me so I would know it was going into the cup. Sounds gross but it totally worked and I never had a spill. I still hover in any public place every time I have to go. But as far as going in the cup, I think it helped me to get it in there.

Ok well good luck next time. I hope it works better. :)