Thursday, January 21, 2010

{Early or Late}

With about 6 weeks left until my 40 week due date, I am always wondering if I will make it to term or go past my due date. I have always had a feeling that I will go late and be pacing the house eagerly trying to go into labor come 41 weeks (God help me!).

Today, Chat and I brought Chloe to an outside bistro and had a smoothie and some iced tea while she sniffed the patio. The weather was beautiful, 75 and clear (gotta love Houston in the winter!). While we were enjoying the weather and some time together, I asked Chat when he thought I would pop this baby out and he responded, "I think we are going to have a March 1st baby." No hesitation, just stated it ever so calmly.

I like his answer. Not too early, but shaving off a few days of being insanely big and huffing about.

2 comments:

AP said...

It is all about surprise! I'm sure you've read that only 5% of babies are born on their due date... they're sort of arbitrary. We get a little hung up on them in the States :o) I have heard in some countries women are given a "due window" instead. Plus a Harvard study showed that most first babies, if allowed to start labor naturally, average 41w1d gestation...
I'll keep my fingers crossed that Baby Boy does make his appearance Mar 1st- wouldn't it be so fun if your husband called it??!! Take care!!

kanishk said...

I hope its all you ever dreamed it would be :)

Work from home India