Saturday, January 9, 2010

{Birthing Class}

Chat and I spent the last two days attending a birthing class at the hospital that I plan to deliver. Here are a few things that I learned:
  • The nurse who taught the class likes to share way to much about her personal experience regarding delivering her son over 10 years ago. By the way...it was horrific. She told us. 50 times.
  • The lady in front of me looked like she was stuck in the early 90's with a perm and a then a strange rat tail as well to end the amazing haircut. Her lipstick color was a whole different subject that topped off her entire look. I. Felt. So. Normal...after getting to know some of the other people in our class that actually procreated.
  • Natural childbirth, although I interesting and not completely out of the question, scares the be-jesus out of me.
  • Sitting on a blanket with my husband behind me propping me up with pillows and massaging me (in front of 8 other couples) makes me giggle. Maybe it was because he named the wooden massage tool "Carlos" and made it talk to me.
  • Viewing a video made in 1980 of 6 couples talking about how marriage changes after a baby comes is way to much to handle at the end of a long class. The haircuts and outfits though were funny enough to make me have to take my 13th bathroom break of the day.

Okay, so I did learn a lot more than just all that! But it was interesting to say the least. I have a lot to think about in regards to giving birth and what I want our 'plan' to be. But for right now, I am too tired, so I am heading off to bed with cervixes dancing in my head!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Hmmm... doesn't sound like the class was too helpful. If you are wanting more info, you might look for an independent birth class through an organization like icea.org or a bradley class or something. I never made it to any birth classes because I feared that they would end up like that, but we've got a doula so I'm not too worried about it.

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

How funny...sounds like an interesting time! Cracking up at "Carlos"...that is TOO funny! And natural childbirth scares the be-jesus out of me too...yikes is all I can say.

Meant to be a mom said...

Oh the birthing classes. I didn't feel like they taught us anything we didn't already know.
Your getting so close, I bet your so excited.
The sex thing, no worries. Its all what you decide. And the 80's videos. Seriously do they not have any updated videos. We watched an 80's ish video also. Whats that all about?

kanishk said...

we've got a doula so I'm not too worried about it.

Work from home India