Wednesday, June 24, 2015

{Drew: Two Months Old!}

My little buddy boy is two months old as of last Sunday! We went to his well check-up on Monday and got a good report. We had a little visitor with us...his big brother. I went to drop the big boys off at camp and Luke could barely walk or put weight on his foot. He had been complaining the night before as well and it seemed much worse that morning, so he went with us to get checked out (he was FINE by the way and jumping off the couch by that afternoon!). So things were a bit busier in that exam room since it wasn't just Drew.


Drew did great overall and is growing well! He weighed in at 15 pounds 3.9 ounces (96%). I looked back and he is the exact weight that Luke was at his two month check-up! He is 24.5 inches long (97%) so he is a tall boy just like his two big brothers. I think he definitely have Luke's build though over Ben's. Ben was HUGE by this age and Drew is big and long, but nothing crazy like Ben was.

 
Drew is holding his head up so well these days and loves to "stand" and "sit" mostly. He needs my help, but gets the biggest smile when I help him up to the stand position. He is sleeping decent -- no huge complaints from me (although I think I am too distracted with life to really notice) but he still has a ways to go. He does go down around 8:30 pm and makes a five hour stretch usually (he did make one seven hour stretch last week!), then up another time (or two), then wake up for good around 7:30 or 8:00 am. I am still swaddling him with this funny swaddle (his arms are up resting around his shoulders) and he is sleeping in the rock 'n cradle with a sound machine at night. Since we are still living in an apartment due to the flood, we didn't even bring his crib. Let's hope he doesn't start rolling over soon or we are in trouble. He usually cat naps during the morning and will take a longer nap in the afternoon. The swing has been a lifesaver the past few weeks in the afternoon.


Drew is wearing 6 month clothes for the most part and is in size 2 diapers. He is eating every two hours or sometimes more. Unless it is the afternoon and then he will go longer if he is in a deep sleep. He is starting to really 'talk' to us and smile a bunch. I still think he is our more serious baby out of the three, but he is still sweet and smiley. Unless you give him vaccines and then you get this...

 
I have never seen Drew so unhappy on Monday after his doctor's appointment. He screamed for hours and wouldn't even settle down to nurse (which has NEVER happened). He seemed like he was in pain. I am not sure if it was his little legs that hurt or if something hurt on the inside. But the boy was unhappy. Luckily I put him down that night and he slept and woke up like our sweet baby the next day.
 
 
Since Monday he has been having some tummy troubles. I am thinking it is due to the rotavirus vaccine or due to the antibiotics I am on for the mastitis I got for the second time over the weekend. He has tons of dirty diapers and they look and smell very funny. Poor boy blows out every night and several times during the day. I have been talking to the nurse and as long as he is happy and not dehydrated, it is okay. I still have four more days of antibiotics though, so we have lots more of this to deal with if it is due to that. He and I are both going to start some probiotics to help though. Poor boy! 

Time is going by fast and I just love this sweet little boy. Things are definitely challenging at times being back in the baby stage and especially during all this time of change for us and being displaced from our home, but I am so lucky to have this little one. It is nice when the big boys are at camp and we get to be just us. I cherish those (quiet and calm) moments :).
 

1 comment:

AP said...

Just checking in... hope you all are well!