Friday, August 15, 2014

{Trying to Catch Up}

I start posts and load up all the pictures, then totally forget to write and publish them.  Ahh!  So trying to catch up quickly...
 
1.  Luke tried jiu jitsu a few weeks ago and LOVED it!  He went with his cousin for 'bring a friend to class day". He was the youngest one by about 2 years. Everyone was 6 years old to about 10 years old. And he totally hung with all the kids!  It was really fun to watch. I considered letting him take a class, but it is three times a week.  They let you go just once, but you still pay for three, so we are going to wait for awhile :).
 


2. This is Luke and Ben talking about poop outside after a walk. It is their favorite topic much to my displeasure. Okay, sometimes it is really funny when they get going!


3. Luke got these pink teeth out of a vending machine and proceeded to wear them all day a few weeks ago. And profusely drooled might I add.


4. This boy loves his corn. And if you don't believe me, check his diaper the day after he ate three whole ears. 


5.  This one just kills me. He is super emotional and super whiny these days.  But oh so cute!


6. We went to the zoo in the blazing heat about two weeks ago with cousins Molly and Jack. They boys LOVE their cousins, so zoo with cousins is even better! Both the boys looked they had dunked their heads in water by the end, but they didn't...they are sweaty SWEATY boys.






 
7.  I love moments like this. They were just holding hands as they were eating watermelon. It makes up for the massive screaming matches I hear at times!
 

8. You can barely see them, but that is Luke and Ben. They are just blurs. This is what we are resorting to at times to beat the heat and get some of their energy out.


9. Luke is super into writing and trying to spell these days. Here are some of the words he writes over and over again since he knows them. I am super proud of my buddy!


10. We are still battling Ben with naps. If he takes one, he is up till 10:00 at night. If he doesn't take one, I usually find him like this around 7:30 pm. So it is truly trying to pick between a rock and a hard place. Either get a break during the day as he naps for an hour and then be kicking myself that night or have to deal with getting through a loooooong day with no break but being super happy for the early bedtime.  Oh decisions!


11. Impromptu pizza nights are the best! Since most moms know I am a single mother on Monday and Thursday nights, if anyone is ever without their hubby, they know to call me and we call for pizza and enjoy some company! It makes the nights Chat is gone go by so much quicker!


12. This boy would rather be naked. Nuff said.


13. I am seeing using a bra as a sling shot in their future...


14. We love fun playdates with friends this summer, especially those we don't see often because of school conflicts. We headed to a train ride and feeding the ducks (which really means pigeons these days). 

 
Okay, hitting publish before I get distracted for the thirteenth time! 

No comments: