Tuesday, June 3, 2014

{Me at 33}

Today I turn 33.  This birthday has been a bit different than most. Usually my whole family spends it down at our bay house and everyone is in summer mode. It has always been a blast! But this year, we are at home and Chat is super sick. We got home from DC for my cousin's wedding on Sunday and Chat started to fight something. Today, while I was at bible study at church and then a meeting for Vacation Bible School, he came home from work with 101 fever. He went to the doctor and he was diagnosed with strep and flu. And he couldn't drive home he was so weak. So I went and picked him and went to the pharmacy and got him soup, etc. I dealt with driving the boys to their activities and two rather large poop explosions. So it was a rather normal to hard mom day as is and throw it being my birthday on top of it....well, not super glamorous.
 
But after I fed the boys dinner, we went on our daily walk. While I was walking and talking with the two cutest boys and I realized this is what my birthday is about at 33. Counting my blessings and happy I have the two of them to walk with even through all the sacrifice. So although it wasn't quite the birthday I expected, this day truly signifies my life at age 33 -- wife and mother. The most challenging roles I ever had, but the most rewarding. So I am going to go get my husband his medicine and sprite and read my boys their books and tuck them in tonight and be happy that this is me at 33.
 
I am sure once everyone is back to normal we will go out in celebrate, but in the meantime, I have a cupcake waiting for me when everyone goes to sleep for the night. And I am super excited!
 

No comments: