Monday, January 6, 2014

{Christmas 2013 Part 2}

I am going to wrap this up quick since I feel like Christmas was practically months ago.  It sure does end quickly, doesn't it? 

I finished the last post when Chat and I collapsed in our bed after a busy, but wonderful Christmas Eve.  The boys woke up around 7:00 am the next morning and we quickly got to opening gifts.  They were super into opening presents!

Scooters as you see in this picture were a big hit!


 
They did a pretty good job!
 
Ben's favorite present had to have been his Thomas rain boots. 
He saw them and instantly wanted them "ON!"
 
The boys got head lights, flashlights and light sabers. 
I think we are set in the light department. 
 
 
Here is a picture of our tree post-craziness.  Pictures never do Christmas trees justice...
 
After we unwrapped gifts and the boys started to play, I got busy making breakfast.  Chat's mom comes over for breakfast on Christmas morning so it was crunch time getting everything made in time.  I usually use my Christmas china, but they were still dirty from the night before so leftover plates from Ben's birthday party it was!  So it looked a bit more casual this year and I didn't make nearly as much as I usually do (out of just pure exhaustion and lack of time), but it was delicious and warm.  I made a SUPER easy cinnamon roll casserole that will definitely become a staple for Christmas morning!
 
Bebe stayed for a few hours and then it was time to head to my parents to open presents!  We headed there around 11:00 and had a ball.  We then headed home for naps and then went back to my parents around 4:30 pm for Christmas dinner.  It was delicious and of course I ate waaaaaay too much.  We all headed home that night and looked at the insane mess in our house.  We decided to leave it for the morning and went to bed!
 
My sweet nephew Jack
 
Ben loving Woody!  And look at all those stockings behind him. 
Man how our small family has grown these past four years.  I love it!
 
Buzz was there too!
 
But what was the best thing to play with?  BUBBLE WRAP!
 
Cutie cousins
 
We did have two more Christmas celebrations after this later in the week -- one with Chat's stepdad and family and then one with Chat's dad and family.  Everywhere we went there were more presents to open...so we are in detox mode with the kids trying to get them used to not getting something anytime we go somewhere now.  Ha!
 
It was an amazing Christmas!  I do realize just how much busier it is when you have kids.  Long gone are the days of watching Christmas movies everyday.  But kids sure do bring the magic back to Christmas.  And I absolutely love that.
 


No comments: