Saturday, July 13, 2013

{Ordinary Days}

The summer is still chugging along and we are surviving despite the crazy temperatures!  Here are some of our ordinary days this past week or two...
 
Getting to listen to Trudy's heartbeat at the vet's office....
 
Luke's turn! 
I think he actually heard it by the smile on his face.  It was sooooooo cool!

This little squirt fan is such a hit.  My mom got it for me to help with those hot summer days outside with the boys, but the boys always steal from me!  They have played with this for HOURS.  A Walgreens special!
 
We visited the boys great-grandmother last week.  They are little tornados in her apartment, so it always makes me worry a bit.  But luckily they did well and Ben even hopped up for a little reading time!
 
Luke gave up naps about 3 or 4 months ago (Do you hear me sobbing?!?!?).  He actually still needs a nap, but not till about 4:00 in the afternoon which would mean for a VERY late bedtime.  So we push through and try to get him till bedtime.  But sometimes...I find him like this. 

Someone's trash is someone else's treasure.  A hand-me-down tricycle we got for FREE!
Clearly we need two of everything now since the boys fight over sharing anything, so when I saw this up for grabs, I knew we needed it!
 
Grumpy face...
 
This is a blurry picture from Whole Foods...Where a grandmother type woman started to laugh "with" me at how crazy and loud my boys were being.  She actually was very nice and it was clear she was a mother of silly boys herself back in the day :). 
 
One day waiting for daddy to get home from work...
 
Luke decided to strip naked at Chat's stepdad's house (since his cousin Macey did) and then added a hat to complete his outfit...
 
 
Playing before bedtime!  The boys officially wrestle together...HELP! 
This is the time of day that boys get along the best.  They have a high old time together after bath :).
 
This boy loves him some cake!
 
Happy boys!
 
Date night!
We had 14 hours without children.  It was heaven!  And it was so fun picking them up the next day.  We missed them :).

Off to Bastrop to Hyatt Lost Pines for the next three nights!  All four of us in one room...say some prayers.

No comments: