Monday, August 23, 2010

{First Tooth}

It has been somewhat of a joke to say Luke has been teething. I swear I saw a "tooth" when Luke was only 3 months old. I didn't understand when it disappeared either...he he (seriously....it disappeared!). Clearly, I have a son who pulls fast ones on me. I had given up on the whole "tooth" excuse.

But on Saturday, August 21st, a few days shy of his 6 month birthday, Luke was not himself. He kept making this funny noise and could not be settled no matter what I did to help comfort him. He would reach his arms up for me to hold him (I love it when he does that!) and when I did, he would just wrestle with me and not be satisfied with anything. My mom said that we made noises like that and acted similarly when we got a tooth. So, for the hundred millionth time, I stuck my finger in his mouth clearly thinking there wouldn't be anything to find based on past experiences. Well all of a sudden I felt something sharp. Low and behold, he has finally gotten his first tooth! It is still just poking up from his gums, so no pictures yet (he barely lets me even look at them let alone let me take a picture), but it is there!!!

Since Saturday he has been much better. He makes these funny popeye faces sometimes and makes that funny noise occasionally throughout the day, but overall he is much better. I know once on tooth comes in, there is more to follow, but I am just thankful that darn tooth is finally here and I am no longer crazy!

No comments: