Thursday, December 17, 2009

{Last Day}

So tomorrow is a big day. It is my last day of work. The last day I will officially get paid. The last day I will have a specific purpose at 8:30 am every morning. I am very excited about leaving and know how lucky I am to have two months off before the baby comes, but it is very bittersweet. I realize that I get alot out of working. Even though I complain about the hours, the work, my boss, how there is just too much to do and life is way too busy...I do get so much from working. I enjoy doing a good job and working hard. I enjoying making a difference even though it doesn't feel like I do all the time. I enjoy spending time with co-workers and chatting at lunch. Some of my best relationships are with people that I work with. I know that for a few months, there will be a void without work. And of course, having one less income stresses me out, but I don't even know how to get into that. I know we will just make it work.

Now I know there are going to be some good things too! I will love slowing down for the first time in about 7 years. I am excited to have time to focus on the baby and the MANY things I need to get accomplished by March. I am happy to not be stressed out all the time due to the crazy list that always awaits me at the office. I am so excited to not have to answer to 'work' for a while. I am excited to spend some much needed quality time with Chat before there is a little one with us. I know how valuable this time will be for me and my family.

I am going to take tomorrow for what it is - an end and a beginning...and hope for the best. Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

AP said...

Have a happy last day!!

Meant to be a mom said...

I know what you mean, You will miss working. You will miss the maturity of seeing adults all day. But trust me, You will not be bored EVER at home. You will have such a sweet baby that will need all of your time and energy. Its amazing and fun, and stressful. You will be great at it. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I hope your last day goes well!

Brittney said...

Best wishes!! You're going to do great - you'll be a wonderful Mommy.