Sunday, July 13, 2014

{Circus Bust}

The boys watched Dumbo when we were at the bay house over July 4th, so when they saw commercials for the circus they were into it!  So I (stupidly) decided to buy tickets for this past weekend...

Family selfie before the show!

It was an okay experience, but I think they were still a little young. They liked it when there was a lot going on or when there were animals performing, but a lot of the entertainment were tight-rope walkers and trapeze artists, etc. That just couldn't quite keep their attention. At one point, Luke got real still and almost looked like he was going to fall asleep during one of those performances. Truly the boys favorite part was the popcorn and sprite that we had to keep them in their seats. Ha!


And I just couldn't get behind seeing elephants and other animals in a setting like this. I know they are treated well, but it just didn't feel right.


So we actually left at intermission. I am glad we gave it a try, but not sure if it is our scene.  As soon as I think the boys are getting to a stage to do a bit more, I get a humbling experience that reminds me they are still two and four and that some things are still better if we give it time. We spent a lot of time making trips to the bathroom and encouraging them to sit still....pretty much impossible for these two!

No comments: