Friday, March 14, 2014

{The Fro}

I can't even begin to count how many times we get asked where Ben gets his curls.  We think it my be my mother's father (my grandfather), but we still aren't so sure.  No one really has this type of curly hair in our immediate family, so it is quite the conundrum.  But oh do I love his curls! 

I think I love how unexpected it is.  Since Chat and I are very similar in appearance, I sometimes thought I would just know how our children would turn out.  And then came Ben...our little curly haired surprise.  His curls didn't really start showing up until he was about a year old which I think is a bit unusual too.  But boy did they come and they have stayed so far.  We are taking him for haircut #2 tomorrow, so with each cut we will see how long these curls plan to hang around. 

When it is super humid outside, he gets tendrils, tiny little curls close to his head.  But other days, when it is dryer outside, they air out a bit and you can see how long his hair actually is. His hair just kind of poufs out on some days.  And we see "The Fro"...


It is too funny!  He has such different looks because of his hair.  Some days his hair looks 100% different than the above picture.  It is really remarkable that his hair does these things because Chat and I have such different hair.  I just look at this picture and cannot stop laughing.  He is too cute for words!


Benny boy is such a little nut right now and his hair matches his personality perfectly -- crazy, cute, unruly, wild, a mess, and just absolutely perfect.  Good thing he is cute because I would have certainly given him away recently with all of his crazy tantrums. Just kidding...I think we will keep him!

1 comment: